AMOUNT OF AWARD:
- Maximum $2,000 for one professional meeting
- Faculty members may only receive one travel award during their career at UCSF and it must be used for one conference/meeting. Repeated awards will not be granted.
- Rank: Assistant, Associate or Professor
- Series: All academic series
- The Faculty Travel Award is for faculty members who have childcare, eldercare or other dependent care responsibilities and who plan to attend a regional, national or international professional meeting.
- The Faculty Travel Award is intended to facilitate faculty members' attendance at professional conferences and meetings. In order to apply for the travel award, the faculty member must make a professional presentation at the conference or demonstrate that attending the conference is important for advancing his/her career.
- The faculty member must utilize the Faculty Travel Award funds to support childcare, elder care or other dependent care expenses that are incurred in conjunction with the faculty member's attendance at the professional conference/meeting.
- Click here to see additional criteria
- No less than thirty days before the conference/meeting begins, the faculty member submits a brief description (one paragraph) that summarizes why the Faculty Travel Award funding is important and the anticipated impact of the faculty member's attendance at the conference/meeting.
- No less than thirty days before the conference/meeting begins, the faculty member submits a budget that describes how the Faculty Travel Award funds will be used to support expenses for childcare, eldercare or dependent care. The expenses for childcare, eldercare or dependent care may be incurred at the site of the professional meeting or at home. $2000 is the maximum amount of support for childcare, eldercare or dependent care that can be requested through the Faculty Travel Award.
- Requests will be reviewed and granted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Click here for a copy of the application.
- Please submit your application to Mr. Mickey Zeif via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive notification within two weeks.
If you have any questions, contact Mickey Zeif at 476-4237 or via email at Mickey.Zeif@ucsf.edu.